Sunday, September 30, 2012

Season opener...


First west swell of the Fall lit up my home break with three days of solid waves. I took advantage of the opportunity to surf three different boards; 6-8 mini-LB quad, 9-6 Speedster and 9-4 Classic. Seemed like I got more waves in those three days than I did all summer. Fall on the Central Calif Coast is a magic time, with warm days, spring-suit water temps, west swells and a good chance of offshore wind.
Me on the 9-6 Speedster. Photo courtesy Slider Magazine
I shaped three custom boards last week, and I'm waiting for blanks for another two. All different shapes, with a new model I'm calling the "Zinger", a high-performance hybrid shape for bigger riders. I'll post some photos after Ray works his magic.

Now is the time to order your custom winter board. Current delivery time is 4-5 weeks, and there's always a slow-down in production around the Holidays, especially if we get some early winter NW swell. By December, delivery time can be 6+ weeks, so don't wait too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment