Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Waaay too many SUPs...

The shop has contracted with three different manufacturers to build SUPs, and I've been up to my eyeballs in   finish-shaping.
I've done maybe 10 of these in the last few weeks and still have another 10-20 to go. Most are pretty straight-forward, but some (like the one above) arrive with a ding or two that needs to be "fixed". Just part of the gig. EPS foam is much harder to finish than polyurethane foam due to its bead-like structure. Impossible to get that polished satin finish, especially along the stringer. Its factory production work, for sure. Not very rewarding, but it has given me a ton of experience with EPS foam. My summer board this year will be an EPS longboard in the 10-ft range. A cruiser to challenge the SUPers on small days in the cove. Can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment